map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Switch services

i am a pet parent now and how do i become a sitter i no longer need a sitter for my pets do i need to par a fee again or can i transfer the tittle? i am no longer needing a sitter so i am looking to be a sitter i had a great experiance and would like to be on the other end to make pet parents happy now
map-marker Stevenson, Washington

Fretz are being made by a pet sitter

I have been texting Steve, a pet sitter. About pet sitting for my puppy that we just got. Another applicant fits the job better so I chose her. Steve is very upset and threatening to ban me from using TrustedHousesitters and his contacting Airbnb, which is my business and threatening to, create red flags on Airbnb as well. All I did was choose the other sitter.
Nat B Ddy

| map-marker Cambridge, England

Dog bite and attack

TrustedHousesitters - Dog bite and attack
TrustedHousesitters - Dog bite and attack - Image 2

Hi,

I have talked this over with friends and together we agreeed that I should make you aware of what happened to me on Christmas Day. I had applied to dog and house sit for Helen and Eliot Kingsley in their home in Fulbourn with Django their lively cockerpoo.

I had been round to see them so that they could go over things a bit with their rather complex and high tech kitchen set up and to meet Django and get aquainted the previous week, following a zoom call meet up too.

All had been fine and I was really looking forward to the sit and having a change of scene with a nice doggie to look after for a few days from Christmas Eve to the 27th.

But from the first evening it was clear he was just going to challenge me all the way, not do as I ask and reacted with threatening growling when I tried to move him when he was sitting on me.

Hes not a huge dog, but big enough with quite a weight to him and it felt scary having him growl and bare his teeth when they were right near my face! I didnt know what to do and so went to bed.

The next morning was Christmas Day and I took Django out for his morning walk and followed instructions to give him a little warm water hose down as he was covered in mud, which Id been told by his owners he liked! But he pulled with all his strength to get away and refused to go down the side of the house where the hose is. When I did get him down there and I tried to clip his lead to the wall, all instructed to do by them, he turned on me bared his teeth and scratched my inner thigh which is still scarred now and I had blood streaming down my leg and then bit my right hand hard which doubled in size and went black.

I was shaking and crying and was in shock.

My brother came to collect us both to take us round to my parents for Christmas day and I just felt so scared and on edge with him but it was ok until he went into the kitchen and when he went right up to the oven and sniffed all the food.

Mum got panicked so I tried to pull him back and he reared up at me trying to bite me again!

I was living in fear of this dog for the next couple of days I had to look after him and didnt want to spoil the owners Christmas holiday time so didnt mention it until they were home. They appologised but then left me quite a critical review on the site and then a week later advertised for another sitter, this time for a week with Django and made no mention that he has been aggressive and does bite!

I feel this is hugely irresponsible and selfish behaviour as future sitters really should be informed and know what they are signing up for.

What if they were to get more badly hurt? Especially as it had been for a longer sit that time.

I couldnt see any support in place on the site for where I could turn to get help and support and now Im a bit too traumatised to offer to pet sit and so have also lost the price of my membership for the year.

All in all an absolutely awful experience for my confidence around dogs and my wellbeing especially on Christmas Day!

$2000
Pros:
  • Opportunity to live somewhere else and afford a holiday
Cons:
  • Help them adjust and understand they need to follow
  • So sad and traumatised by this
  • Instructions and do as asked

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please do, if in doubt ask if the dog you may sit for has ever been aggressive or bitten anyone in the past

map-marker Perth, Western Australia

Unable to access my account

TrustedHousesitters - Unable to access my account
So far excellent. Apart from the problem of accessing my account, at the start, which was resolved, fairly speedily.

User's recommendation: Give them a go

map-marker Perth, Western Australia

Not happy

From: Bob Barton

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2024 10:58 AM

To: 'TrustedHousesitters'

Subject: RE: An Update on Your Horsham Sit Application

Thank you for the notification of this house sit but we need to advise you that you did not notify us

of our previous application that would have accepted our house sit application. We were totally

unaware of the home-owners interest with our-selves who looked elsewhere when they did not

hear back from us.

We do not check the THS web site regularly as you always notify us by email

of any interest which in this case did not happen. We are hugely disappointed about this and have

cut and pasted below the sequence of events with this matter.. Bob and Carole Barton

My husband and I would like to apply for the house sit in September. We live in Perth Australia but are currently planning a visit to the UK to visit relatives who we can stay with but really prefer to be independent.

We are mature experienced house sitters of ten years standing. We are also neat and tidy home owners and are both non-smokers. We have recently lost Milo our Burmese cat who is greatly missed...he would have been 19 this month. Please refer to our dashboard for further details and references.

Kind regards Carole Barton

Hi Carole & Robert Thank you for your application. I'm sure you would be a good fit. The only reasons I'm not confirming you immediately are: (1) How close to Wadhurst do your relatives live i.e is Wadhurst really a good location for you? (2) How definite is it that you will be in the UK at the time we need a sitter - you say you are "planning" a visit.

If you can reassure us on these points, we're happy to confirm. Kind regards Nick

Hi Robert As there was some uncertainty about whether you would definitely be in Wadhurst for our dates, I'm afraid we have just accepted an alternative application and we will have to decline yours. I'm sure you would have been great though. Kind regards Nick.

Hi Nick Thank you for your response.

The reason we did not reply to your original reply was because we never received an email from THS to say that you had received our application and had actually replied to it. We always reply immediately to all correspondence and we just want you to know that as we would have loved the opportunity to house sit for you. Maybe another time. Kind regards Carole Barton

Hi Carole How very odd!

I'm sorry that you didn't get my response (which I sent on the same day of your application) but it definitely shows in my messages.

As you say, perhaps another time. Kind regards Nick not happynot

Sophie E Bwc

Verified Reviewer

Charged Card after cancellation and confirmed refund.

My card was charge for an auto renewal on the 9th of May:

1. I never signed up for auto renewal

I requested a refund, and to cancel the auto renewal. This was confirmed, the refund was given / first transaction was cancelled. I received email confirmation of both the refund and the auto renewal cancellation.

3. On the 14th of May, my card was charged again for the membership.

I spoke with the support team, and provided multiple screenshots of evidence my card was charged again and the initial refund wasn't reversed. I was accused of it being a 'credit' when I provided multiple screenshots to show the difference between a debit charge and a credit charge.

The dispute was not resolved, and I was told I would be able to have a phone call to dispute the issue only IF I could get proof from my bank the difference between a debit and a credit on my account - even after showing multiple clear screenshots from my bank (Commbank) that there was a clear difference (a debit is in it's own a column with a minus, and a credit in it's own column in green with a +)

I am beyond frustrated, and the customer service person made me feel like an idiot by having to explain this more than once and providing numerous pieces of evidence - and then continued to tell me it was not a charge but a credit on my account.

I have disputed the transaction with my bank, as well as contacted the office of fair trading in Australia. I would like someone to please call me to discuss this further, as well as ensure my entire account along with any of card details and personal details are removed from your system - it is clear the company can't be trusted with these details.

I live in Sydney, Australia - please have someone call me or email me to fix this error.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Claim they have refunded you
  • Double charge your card

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not bother - scam.

Rubert Kfq

Verified Reviewer

Need to talk to someone!!!!!!

Im not leaving my dog with out talking to someone first my Pet could be in danger and you don't care and i would like to make sure Money is given to the right person dont just ask for money and not even want to talk about your service, not good service, my dog don't know how to type

Preferred solution: Someone to call

User's recommendation: Give a gpod number you could be reached!!! My number is 786 556 ****

Rosemary P Fds

| map-marker Missoula, Montana

Erroneously charged for membership

I did not renew membership but was charged $120 today. I'm having difficulty finding someone to assist with this situation and reverse charges.
Yasemin A Kmp

I cannot get any help

This is useless customer services experience, I am trying to reach a real person to look into why I cannot find my account but cannot reach beyond AI customer services which cannot help me at all. PLEASE trustedHouseSitter - if you are real pelase help me - All I need to do is to get into my account.
Pros:
  • Trusted channel for hosue sitting
Cons:
  • No support available

Preferred solution: customer support to get into my account.

User's recommendation: Not recommending at all - There is no customer services, support available, I am stcuked for last couple of months.

Sommer Ude

| map-marker Walsall, Walsall

Need to clear something up

Nothing but a total con. I needed someone to look after my dog while I buried my husband in Turkiye.

Was guaranteed money back if no one responded. At the last minute I had a response...from someone in Germany. No one is going to fly from Germany to England to look after a dog. But as far as this company is concerned I'd had a reply.

I was then told I probably wasn't getting any responses because my living room wasn't decorated. I'd started to decorate before my husband became ill and unfortunately didn't have chance to finish it, before he died. So, that tells me, people are nit there for the animals but more for the pictures of nice places they've stayed. Then, after cancelling my direct debit, they then took another years membership off me.

I live on benefits so it was a lot if money. After I finally sorted everything out, they have just sent me a message saying my membership will automatically renew...NO MONEY BETTER LEAVE MY ACCOUT. This company is nothing but a big con, and impossible to get hold of.

Only number I found on the Internet is now discontinued so I've had to send an email to get the to ring me. Absolute joke and a rip off.

Resolved
MelanieDawn H

| map-marker Vila-Seca, Tarragona

Resolved: Applying for house sit

I am trying to apply for a house sit in Woking (England) from 26th July to 11th August but the system doesn't allow me to apply because I had arranged another house sit for similar dates in Godalming. But the pet parents have cancelled so I am anxious to make another application.
Kim C Alb

| map-marker West Sacramento, California

Need to change a review

Original review Mar 21, 2024
I tried to contact THS to change a review of a sitter. We discovered that the sitter had stolen items. This was discovered after the review was written. I cannot get human support and when I finally did connect, I was told the reviews cannot be changed. This is a major limitation of the review process.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good sits good sitters
Cons:
  • Inability to change review no human customer service

Preferred solution: ability to change review

User's recommendation: Allow for modifications to reviews. Have a human customer service be available

Resolved
Robin R Zul

Resolved: Cancel of policy

I have not used your services since 2022 and did not give permission for you to charge my account for $319. on January 19. I have opened up a fraud alert on my charge card.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: This company may work for you, but it didn't for me. It was hard for me to get a sitter and most of them wanted to be paid and have meals provided.

Helen B Hya

Clientele has changed

3 applicants but all 3 were not really ready to commit. I have never experienced this before. I need help boosting this trip. Thank you, Helen Bell

Preferred solution: Trusted house sitters is about gentleman’s code. It would appear the sitters that are now signing up don’t have that.

Heidi M Mli

My Experience

TrustedHousesitters - My Experience
TrustedHousesitters - My Experience - Image 2
Original review Oct 31, 2023
What happened is that I registered on Oktober 31st around 09:27 on this website to build a second income by hous sitting. I payed 149 Euros to have a look at the offers and figured out, there is no money to earn. So I wrote my story to the customer service at which I just paid for at 10:00 in order to cancel my contract and give me a payback. I became an email inviting to change my password and asking not to answer back. So far I paid 149 for nothing!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: If you are looking for a second income do not sign up

map-marker Boulder, Colorado

The maximum time away for a sitter is not appearing on my listing

--There is no direct line speak with someone that trusted House sitters. Previously, I was able to text directly with a live person and get information, but it appears that that option is no longer available. -- The issue on our profile is that we filled out a questionnaire including the maximum time we ask a sitter be away. That information is not showing on our profile or anywhere else on our account. This caused a major issue with our last sit! Why is the question included when you're filling out your profile if it's not going to be on the profile or anywhere the sitter has access to?

User's recommendation: Write your maximum times into the responsibilities of the sitter as well as on your house instructions

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article